News

20 January 2015 – Hugh Wade – History of Hugh Wade and Son

Hugh gave an illustrated talk on the 180 year old history of the business which commenced in Garvagh in 1835. As was the custom of the time, undertaking was combined with other trades e.g. grocery and public house. In 1937 Wades moved, as undertakers,  to the Waterside in Coleraine. By 1956 they had moved to Railway Road and then to Abbey Street in 1963. They took over T.MacFarlane and Son in 1967. The talk was well attended and enjoyed by members and visitors.

Hugh Wade and Committee
Hugh Wade and Committee

 

Scroll to Top