15 members of the Society visited St. Paul’s Church in Articlave, built in 1691. We were the first group to take the newly established heritage tour conducted by the organist Brian Simpson. We were privileged to see 2 silver chalices – one used in St. Adamnan’s ancient church at Downhill and the other presented by the Clothworkers in the 1800’s.
The exterior of the church has a sun dial on the south wall and the Castlerock headstone, widely thought to have given the new village its name.
A pleasant and informative outing on a wonderfully sunny afternoon.